Please note the following:
- Practices will be held from 9am - 12:45pm Monday-Friday in smaller groups.
- Your child's specific practice time will be communicated by 6/24 once we have registration numbers.
- You swimmer MUST be able to swim 25yards unassisted to be on the team this year due to NO hands on coaching.
- Registration is only $100 this year due to the modified season.
- Swimmers need to arrive at the pool and exit the pool with a mask on.
- Swimmers will need to hand sanitize upon arrival.
- Showers will not be open.
- Parents will not be allowed to stay at the pool for practices.
- Swim meets later in the season are very unlikely, but still TBD.
- We REALLY, REALLY need 1-2 parents to be swim team coordinators NEXT year and spend an hour or two training with Rachel and Esther THIS year.
Parent Survival Guide
2020 Swim Team Season is here!
Mark your calendars for the following:
A swimmer must be able to swim at least half the length of the pool comfortably to participate on the swim team.
Summer Swim Team Coordination Takes a Village
As you know, running a summer swim team takes a village. It requires the ongoing volunteer support of family and friends to run the meets, coordinate volunteers, time, score and judge the races, buy and donate food to sell in home meet concessions, coordinate pancake breakfasts on the pool deck, write ribbons, and wrangle the younger kids at the swim meets. And these are just a few of the jobs required to run the team and help ensure our kids and coaches have a successful year.
If your child is swimming on the swim team, each family is asked to serve 2 volunteer roles per meet at a minimum. We will soon be posting the swim meet volunteer roles and schedules, so you will have the opportunity to sign up for your preferred roles and times once the schedule is posted.
Thanks to the support of all the parents, friends and extended families who step up to make our summer swim season a success.